2011 Starboard Rio XL
The Rio XL is the longer addition to the Rio range, offering the most glide due to its length, most light-wind speed and most longitudinal stability. It has good sideway stability for beginners due to its 82.5cm width and boxy rails , but not as much as the Start M and L.
This makes Rio XL the ideal choice for schools that base their methods on classic gliding speed from the start. First-time windsurfers get gliding right away, and at the same time they'll get hooked to the sensation. This is not a board for planing, but a dedicated entry level board.
• Specifically extra-long and narrow model
• The most glide and longitudinal stability from the range
The Rio XL special features
• Armor Tech construction - offers the most impact resistant
technology in a beginner boards – it is lighter and more resistant than even polypropylene plastic boards.
• All-white finish - makes repair and maintenance work easy.
• All Gaier daggerboard system - offers convenience and reliability for schools currently equipped with boards using the All Gaier system.